Members of the XRP Community have proven to be resilient in getting their voices heard in terms of getting their favorite digital asset added as a base currency on the popular cryptocurrency trading platform of Binance. The reasons the community has cited as to why XRP should be the base on Binance are as follows.
- It is already a base on the CoinField Exchange
- It is the base currency on the XRP United Exchange
- Weiss Ratings agrees XRP should be the base
- XRP has proven itself in the past week as it gained value as the rest of the market fell due to the Bitcoin Cash Hash wars
- XRP is fast and has cheaper transaction fees
- XRP would attract more users towards trading on Binance
- XRP has the momentum in terms of an active community and lots of developments with the Ripple company offering solutions for cross-border transfers
Binance CEO Hints at How to Get XRP as the Base
The XRP community has constantly requested the CEO of Binance, Changpeng Zhao, to add XRP as a base currency on the platform. The requests started back in late July and Changpeng Zhao has now hinted via twitter, on how this can become a possibility. In the tweet, he requests all XRP fans to put all their shills under one tweet. The tweet can be found below.
Linkedin Link in the Tweet
Further analyzing Mr. Zhao’s tweet, we find that he has included a LinkedIn Link that gives tips on how to get your coin listed on Binance.com. Of particular importance, is the following statements in the step-by-step instructions:
''We require the project founder or CEO to fill out the form. Why? If there ever is a bug with your wallet, a fork or double-spend in your blockchain, we need to talk to a key person.''
This Automatically Points to Brad Garlinghouse or David Schwartz
XRP community members have also connected the dots and concluded that Brad Garlinghouse or David Schwartz should fill out the form to get XRP as a base on Binance. One such tweet can be found below.
XRP Ledger Validators Also Qualify
One thing to note, is that this requirement might also be filled by one of the many Validators on the XRP ledger. The team at Binance have stated that they need to talk to a key person. Validators are particularly important on the XRP network as the Ripple company continues to take a back seat by ceding its dominance on the Ledger’s Unique Node List. Ripple wants the network to eventually decentralize completely.